Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Event Horizon

I love the art project at and around Madison Square Park called Event Horizon. It makes me so happy, and every time I walk through the area I tell all the tourists who are taking pictures of the Flatiron Building to look around and take notice of all the little men standing on building ledges.


It's an exhibit of Antony Gormley, and includes thirty-one life-size body forms of the artist cast in iron and fiberglass will inhabit the pathways and sidewalks of historic Madison Square Park, as well as the rooftops of the many architectural treasures that populate New York’s vibrant Flatiron District. Look at the ledges of the buildings in these pix; you can barely make out the statues in the edges of the buildings (took the pix with my phone, so not much clarity, unfortunately).

No comments:

Post a Comment